Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron report part 2
From: FIGLIO4CAP <FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 11:48:11 EST

Wonderful information! I have found over the years that several Pentax lenses,
especially some of the screw mounts will out resolve most of my Leica M and R
lenses as you have pointed out.  However B/W prints and tranparency shadow
deatil and color cast have always been substantially better with the Leica
equipment. I remember years ago when Leitz challenged resolving power as the
major lens attribute with the MTF measure. Many of us did not buy the argument
- - we were still looking at high contrast copy film test targets!

Of course things are different now and the overall "look" of the photo has
become the main criterion for quality judgments.

Thanks for your work and report.

Bob Figlio