Subject: Re: [Leica] ALL..test new Leica lenses?
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 15:26:19 -0800

Ted,

I also will be interested in the responses as I have two new lenses for the
M  (21 mm ASPH and 35 Summicron ASPH ) .
In over 30 years of using the Leica these are my first NEW lenses and it is
like a young boy in the candy shop.

I do have one question however, ............. did I miss something while
changing a tire on the side of the road?  I have yet to hear of a 50 mm
ASPH Summicron for the M. Are you telling me that I need to save even more
money so that I may retire my 50 mm DR?

BTW,  the last 21 that I was able to spend any time with was back in
1962/63  ( f4.0 ?)  and I gotta tell ya ............ this new one is
magnificent so far.

The 35 ASPH Summicron I have had for only  a few days. I don't have an
opinion yet except to say I like the handling of it  better than my 3rd
version.

With all of the talk of bad or less than perfect tools reaching the users
as of late,  I must report that with 1 new M-6 and 2 new lenses I have not
yet seen a problem. It must be the luck of us "Island People".

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA
USA