Subject: [Leica] ALL..test new Leica lenses?
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 16:12:37 -0500

Howdy Lugettes and Lugnuts,

Seeing I have just acquired a few new Leica lenses, I wondered how some of
you test a new lens compared to how I do it.

Forget about looking through it for the little bitty floaties things
between the elements.....not important at this moment, as I'm interested in
what you do when you test to shoot your first rolls of film and how you do
it.

Short and sweet is better, as I have 5 new lenses to work with:

105 -- 280  f4.2 R zoom
 80 -- 200  f4   R zoom
21 asph. M lens
35 asph. M lens
50 asph. M lens f2.

So here you are, a chance to spill your guts on how you would do it
compared to me. I of course wont tell you upfront how I over the years have
"tested" a new lens.  However, I will "tell all" how I do mine as well as
the results, after I have done my thing and possibly taken some of your
suggestions to heart and tried.

Thank you all very much in advance for whatever contribution you make.

ted