Subject: Re: [Leica] M series book
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 09:01:26 +0000

David Morton wrote:

>What do the team recommend as a good reference book on *recent* M series
>Leicas and lenses? I have a number of questions about M winders, filter
>sizes and other mundane stuff, which I'd rather not waste everyone's time
>with here.

I've just got Eastland's Leica M Compendium, which I find refreshing
because it covers the technical ground but also has a lot of interesting
stuff on how he, as a working photographer, uses them.

Available by mail order from Williams of Hove. You can order by email from:

leica@mistral.co.uk

You might also have a look at Osterloh's book on the M, but my copy's a few
years old and I'm not sure whether it's been updated. Sorry, can't remember
the publisher (I have the German version), but some other LUGger will
doubtless give you details of the English book.

Alex Hurst
Cork Florists
19 Winthrop St, Cork
Republic of Ireland