Subject: Re: [Leica] wide angle R lenses- -which one?
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 21:22:29 -0600

Francesco wrote:

 >19/2.8, 24/2.8, 28/2.8, 35/2.0
>
>I would greatly appreciate any thorough comments, personal experiences,
>or just plain advice that would assist me in selecting a wide-angle lens.
>The critical factor for me when selecting a Leica lens is quality

I have only had experience with the 24/2.8 and the 35/2.0 R lenses and
found them both to be very fine performers.  I was especially impressed
with the 35/2.0.  I had heard that it was a good lens - but it was better
than I expected.  I believe that it is a better lens, in some respects,
than the 35/2.0-M lenses, which is one of my favorites.  I saw very little
coma with the R lens, virtually non, into the corners - much more with the
M.  I think that the 35 is a very versatile lens.  I also was surprised
with the 24 - made by Minolta I believe with Leica controls.  It was very
sharp and contrasty.

I didn't have these too long but I really like both of them

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK