Subject: Re: [Leica] Tips for hoods
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 20:25:45 -0600

At 10:44 PM 3/4/98 +0800, you wrote:

>Having said all this I shall get my M6s ready for a shoot at a
>Coca-Cola plant tomorrow and must make sure I have all the adapter
>rings for 39, 43, 46 and 60mm lenses!
>
>Any comments?

A prime reason Leica lenses are so small is they don't stick themselves
with arbitrary filter sizes (like all of them being 49mm).m  That way they
keep the size of the lenses to the absolute smallest they can. Actually,
quite a few Leica lenses use the 60mm size, though, so it's not that rare
among friends.

And if I were a color photographer who is using gels, I'd be using the
Sinar (or Calumet which looks the same) filter system. Then you only have
one set of filters with a holder that adapts to different size lenses. But
I'd also be shooting with Leica R in those situations.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Maniac: An early computer built by nuts...