Subject: Re: [Leica] Tips for hoods
From: Emanuel-Temp_Lowi@valitutpalat.fi
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 18:02:17 +0200

Right on, bro'. Those hood/cap combinations are making me crazy too. The
best of the lot is probably the 24mm Asph. Elmarit, with a "slide in" cap
that fits in a slot in the shade. But it's unique to that lens.
I now mostly use HALF of a 12585 on all 35mm and 50mm lenses. I unscrew the
slotted portion and leave it a home. I can still use the old two-slotted
caps over the exposed metal prongs.
Not ideal shading, true, but I get a pretty reliable cap and no blackage of
the finder frame. Just watch where the sunlight is shining from!