Subject: [Leica] Price of Coolscan II
From: Stephen Kobrin <kobrins@wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 19:02:39 -0500

Jacques,

Something is wrong here .  I bought my internal mount Coolscan II for about
$750 at B&H in NYC and the external model was about $100 more.  The
Canadian dollar is not that weak.  Are you pricing the more expensive
LS-1000?  Or did you guys up there do something drastic to your currency
that I do not know about??

Steve

The Nikon LS20 is 2700 dpi but is still on the first generation price i.e.
1,900$ canadian.
The Olympus is 1770 dpi and is connected to the paralel port (slower).
I would appreciate comments from users before I make my final decision.

Jacques H. Grilli