Subject: Re: [Leica] self-timer/cable release for M-6
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 22:53:24 -0500

At 06:28 PM 2/28/98 -0500, Art Searle wrote:
>I purchased a no-name mechanical self-timer for my M-6.  It was the only one
>I could find.  It seems to work fine but the instructions that came with it
>reference an optional Leica adapter.  What are they talking about.  Is the
>Leica shutter release thread different.  Will the self-timer function
>properly?  Any chance of it damaging my M-6?  Will a standard cable release
>work with a Leica M-6?

It's the other way around, actually.  TM Leicas such as the IIIc and IIIg
used a special "screwover" thread on the cable release;  the M Leicas all
use a conventional screw-in cable release.

There is a Leitz adapter to fit LTM accessories to the M, and thus I use a
Leica APDOO timer on my M6 with an QZTNO adapter.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!