Subject: Re: [Leica] 90/2.0
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 18:44:33 -0500

At 10:07 AM 2/28/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Tina,
>
>Nice picture. The only thing I would change would be in Photoshop with the
>snapshot feature you can make the blown out background look much more
>natural than you even could in a traditional darkroom.
>
>I like most the quality of light. The translucent clothse, rim light on the
>legs. Backlighting is my favorite light. And Leica does it better than just
>about anyone.
>==========
>
>Eric Welch

Thanks, Eric.  I did try toning down the background in PhotoShop but
decided I like it better this way.  It's more the way I remember the
tremendous contrast between the blinding hot sun of the Mosquito Coast and
the cool, near darkness of the inside of the homes.  I agree, backlighting
is my favorite, too, and Leica does it best!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>