Subject: [Leica] M3 back von John van Stelten - Focal Point
From: Jorg Willems <jorg@salesmedia.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:57:20 -0500

In preparation for our trip to Nome I sent my M3 (ser# 1 064 606) to John
for C.L. & A..
Yesterday I got it back and I am a HAPPY CAMPER!  My low shutter speed were
off, vulcanite on the back looked awful and overall appearance were
lacking.  Now it feels and looks like I have a new camera.
I asked John how much time he would need to look at my M6 ("Leitz" red dot)
and he advised me to check the camera before sending it. Perhaps it doesn't
need a CLA.
Last Sunday Katariina and I had a lot of fun checking the M6:  We set up a
'Test' table using gray cards, mono lights, tape measures and rulers.
 Aperture and focussing was right on!  Thanks to John I had a great time
with Katariina checking my M6, I have a 'New' M3 and I know that my M6 is
right on target.
We are ready for Nome!  We leave Atlanta in two weeks and I am so excited!
 We have a ship load of Kodachrome 25, 64 and 200 and TMAX 100 and 400.  We
have not decided yet whether we take Katariina's Sinar with us.  It's a
little bit heavy, but I would love to make some scenery pictures with that
camera.

Life is good!  I had to share that with y'all.
Jorg in Snellville, Georgia.