Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Proooooooobleeeeeeeems?
From: TEX WORKER <TEXWORKER@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 23:51:25 EST

R8 problem??  To my horror three days ago I all of a sudden noticed that the
lens F stop was not in my viewfinder when using my 50mm F1.4 .  I put on my
35mm F 2 showed the Stop but the 50mm did not.

I started to counting cams on the lenses, they both had three.  Then I
received a new 35-70mm F4.  While holding my breath I pluged it into the
camera socket.  No F stop in any mode.

Now I am a little mechanically oriented so I tried to figure what cam connect
to what lever.  I discovered the lever and began to play with it.  Nothing
seemed out of the ordinary except some lenses worked and some did not. I kept
playing the the lever and ALL  OF SUDDEN  the  damned thing started to
working.

In the mean time I had already sent the 50mm back to N. J..  It was the R8
problem and it seems to be corrected.

My R8 has already gone back to N. J. once for not moving the film thru the
camera.

I like the camera (R8) but I damn sure keep the R7 with me as a backup.

Clifton