Subject: [Leica] Pro's life (was: Leica Basketball)
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 05:46:20 +0100

True, Harrison.

In fact, I was rather aiming at two other experiences.

Usually you do not stay untouched (inside) when you shoot other persons
misery.

And, you change personality: you loose contact to "usual" person's daily
life or problems, when you shoot or write on other persons misery too
often or too long.

After a long day filled with action, crime, brutality, and other persons'
misery, it's no "story", when your wife has problems with the washing
mashine.

Additionally, the problems of the washing mashine are "nothing" compared
to your own stress, when you need to get a picture from parents, to whome
you bring bad news like 'your child has just been found ... it's dead'.

Besides daily deadline stress, those individual experiences belong the
reasons, why most street journalists are either alcoholics, or divorced,
or both.

And to link this to Leica: It'd be incredible if you could not rely on
your camera in your job. So you use simply the best.

Alf