Subject: [Leica] Leica Basketball
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 21:03:26 -0500

There was some discussion a few weeks back about shooting basketball with
Leica's, so I thought I would upload a few shots I did last week while
working on one of the magazines we do.

The photos were shot to illustrate a story on Murray State University and
the fact that they have won 10 conference titles in the past 11 years.
It just so happened that I was there on the night they clinched title
number 10. The story also includes the fact that they are moving to a
bigger brighter arena next season so I made some wide shots to show the
old arena.

The age of the arena is shown by the fact it is lit with tungsten lights,
very pretty but also dark.  All photos were made with an R6 and either
the 180 elmarit or 24 elmarit on fujicolor 1600 1/250 at 2.8 for the
action and 1/30 at 4 or 5.6 for the wides.  I hope you can tell which one
is the 24!

Pleas keep in mind that this is the first basketball I have shot since
covering the Women's Final four in 1993, so I am a little rusty.

The link to the images is:
     http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto/murray.html

Comments are welcome.

Harrison McClary