Subject: Re: [Leica] offtopic:photovest
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:53:41 -0800

Tina Manley wrote:

> I guess it depends on how big your hands are!  Actually I use the vest
> mostly for film - unexposed on the right and exposed on the left - , lens
> wipes, pens, notebook, glasses, credit cards, money, passport, filters,
> Kleenex, balloons for kids, Excedrin, Tums, throat lozenges, maps, tickets,
> Spanish dictionary, etc.  The lenses and cameras go either in a fanny pack
> (bum bag for the English) or a small backpack or (usually) around my neck
> and on my shoulders.  I have the Domke jacket and it really comes in handy
> in cold weather, but I'm usually looking for less warmth, not more - really
> like the net back on the Banana Republic. Next time you're giving anything
> away think of me :)   - Tina

Tina,

Yeah, you are right.  Hard for me to find gloves.  Just how big is your
medicine cabinet at home??  Walkin??

Maybe I can trade loan of your Domke jacket for Ted Grant's book.  I
could go to tailor and have them scale up the jacket (I am assuming you
don't wear a men's large).  Maybe I should contact Domke distributors
and see if they have the patterns.  I had the jacket for many years,
loved it.

I understand about heat.  I find the Domke's mesh nice, but sometimes
wish all but pockets were mesh.  My biggest conflict is between comfort
and waterproofness.  I used to scotchguard the domke and then could
spend some time in rain with gear protected.  Would be lovely to find a
gortex Domke jacket for wet weather, warn or cold.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego