Subject: Re: [Leica] RRS plates
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:43:12 -0700

John, I think the Profi II is a bit too stiff/oversized for Leica M (wow,
the M baseplate flexes sort of easily, doesn't it?). Very nice with 35mm
SLR, but I don't own one. I have briefly tried out the small Kaiser ballhead
and like it very much.

The B1 is primarily for use with my MF SLR, and here, I hope that it's
gravity-defying variable tension will make a nice diff when working at lower
angles (have not yet taken it out, for want of camera plates, and in any
event, the landscape's not much to my liking at this dry, brown fog-free
time)

Nope, no immediate plans to use the Leica M with the Arca: I'm aiming to
keep the M outfit small and very portable, and am eyeing Gitzo's itty bitty
026, in combination with the aforementioned Kaiser.

Jeff