Subject: Re: [Leica] RRS M plate #B30?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:53:54 -0800

Jeff S wrote:

> Anyone purchase Really Right Stuff's Leica M plate? Would be keen on hearing
> opinions, pro and con. I have no plans to buy an M grip, and my camera won't
> take a winder, so that's not a factor, either.

Jeff,
Yes, I have one.  It is a beautiful piece of work that fit around the
entire base and extends about 2/3 way across the bottom and includes an
on center tripod mount.  It mounts slickly onto the quick releases I
have (Foba and RRS QR plate for gyro.  But truth be told, it is overkill
in size.  The smallest universal plate works just fine for a Leica, too
and is smaller and lighter and doesn't extend past the bottom plate.  My
recommendation.

And if you really want to see a gorgeous piece of machining, see the
newest RRS plate for the Pentax 67.  It includes form fitting arms that
hug the base of the mirror chamber.

donal
- ---
Donal Philby