Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica in 2000
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 21:25:56 -0600

At 11:14 AM 2/22/98 +1100, you wrote:

>1. How do the R7 and R8 calculate fill in flash in outdoor situations? I've
>had most success using a manual technique based on distance, and then
>setting the flash to half strenght. The little Z2X does a great job of
>flash exposure indoors and out. Unlike most flash the exposure is kept a
>bit lower, and does not wash out skin tones. Is the fill in flash on the R7
>and R8 a success? It is the one bit of technology I would like to use on
>really bright Aussie days and find my old techniques a bit slow

No comparison. The R7's fill flash is stone age compared to the R8. And I
would recommend the Metz MZ-3.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the
photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him (and her) to keep
on looking.

- -Brooks Atkinson, 1951