Subject: Re: [Leica] red dot blues
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 12:29:23 -0500

At 09:23 AM 21-02-98 -0700, you wrote:
>Dave,
>
>If you have a chrome M6 body, you can take a bit of acetone to the dreaded
>red dot.  The red comes right out and leaves a silvered background which
>blends in nicely with the chrome finish.  The result is much nicer than the
>silver duct tape solution.
>
>If I had a black body, I would attack the red dot with black nail polish.
>
>Henry

I seem to recall that Rolls Royce had rules as to how you could paint their
cars (John Lennon apparently had upset them).  I'm not sure how R/R could
enforce them, but I think that Leica should force buyers to sign a contract
preventing them from defacing Leica cameras, in particular, doing anything
that might take away the beauty of the Red Dot.

Dan C.    ;-)