Subject: [Leica] OFF TOPIC: A Darn Nice Cable Release
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:31:13 -0500

I figure this might be of interest, since one of the safest generalizations I
can come up with to apply to the wacky breadth of the LUG is an appreciation
for nicely made photographic stuff.  The last time I was in B&H, I asked the
guy behind the counter for a cable release, since the last one I'd bought was
beginning to get pretty ratty looking.  The counter guy got a gleam in his eye
and called up a Minolta Cable Release II.

This is just an extremely pleasingly designed and built thing.  AND, it comes
at Minolta prices ($15) instead of Leica prices.

 -Jeff