Subject: [Leica] Noel (SM Wide angle lens)
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:26:46 EST

 Not neccessarily true Noel - Its simply supply & demand &
 lens speed & condition - Prices below are for average MT-
 condition of similar speed, omitting rarities:
 1.  135/4.0 Elmar "M"
- ----------------------------------------------------$350
 2.  135/2.8 Elmarit ---------------------------------------------------------
500
 3.  135/4.5 Hektor LTM or M ------------------------------------------  150
 4.   90/4.0 Elmar LTM or M --------------------------------------------- 250
 5.   90/2.8 Emarit  ---------------------------------------------------------
700
 6.   35/3.5 Summaron LTM -------------------------------------------  250
 7.   35/3.5 Summaron  "M" -------------------------------------------  300
 8.   35/2.8 Summaron  "M3" -----------------------------------------  350

  Marvin Moss
In a message dated 98-02-20 10:58:11 EST,  Noel wrote
<<
 In researching a wide angle lens to add to my IId, I have noticed an
 inverse ratio of price to focal length, ie a 35 mm costs about 2-3 times
 what a 90 mm or 135 mm are selling for. I then compared the M series and
 see there is a similar relationship. This has piqued my curiosity. Does
 anyone out there know the explanation for this, is it rarity, costs of
 construction or what?
 TIA
 Noel Charchuk