Subject: Re: [Leica] More on R8 and motor-winder battery life...
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:15:30 -0500

At 20 Feb 1998 16:36:01 +0100, Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net> wrote:

> And considering that the CR123 lithium batteries in the R8 motor-winder
> cost even more than the CR2,[...]

That has not been my observation.  Even though CR123s have greater power
capacity (see my previous post), I've always seen them selling for less.
Go figure.

The current prices at B&H (USD):

 Battery    qty 1-6  qty 12+
 CR2         $4.95    $3.95

 CR123       $3.99    $3.25

> The two CR123 lithium batteries set me back at 360 BEF
> each, that is 9.5 USD, so 19 USD for a full set.

Ouch!  Time to do better shopping!  (Wonder what extra charges are involved
in international ordering from B&H...  since the CR123s I just bought there
were made by Varta, there'd be something really silly about how many times
the batteries would go back and forth between the US and Europe.)

 -Jeff