Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: A built-in Leica filter?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:35:42 -0800

I hate to pour water on your fire, Fred, but if you look at the lens cross
section, you will see that the front element of that six element design, is
flat on the front and v-e-r-y concave on the back. It is indeed a lens
element. Actually, according to the cross section, it has a very slight
curve at the very edges on the front surface. Visually undetectable because
of it's mounting.

Jim

ps... *useful* filters are great. I use them in probably 95% of my R and LF
photography. So those who suggest not using filters for *photography*, are
really missing a good thing. Quite often, the difference between an
ordinary photograph, and an outstanding photograph, is the use of a filter.