Subject: [Leica] M6 HMF S/N to date
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 23:18:49 -0800

S/N To Date:  2/18/98

2,415,946 Europe
2,423,084 US
2,423,248 Europe
2,423,398 US, Kinda.....
2,423,733 US

+1 USA, no S/N as yet reported
+2 Europe, no S/N as yet reported

So far I do not see any production pattern.....considering there are very
few cameras in existance.  The story I told recently that the cameras were
taken form the line and modified as needed seems to have some possibility
of truth to it.....

Engraving of the cameras now has 3 varieties.... collectors?

A Theory without data:  The M6HM are currently being made from M6 bodies
returned to Leica for repair of their VF or RF or re-worked cameras that
failed some aspect of QC in the VF or RF before leaving the factory.  Did
any LUG member return to Leica a camera with a S/N as above, exactly?

PS: if the M6E is true, and has an electronic this and that, that camera is
IMHO a big winner in the marketplace.
Goodbye Contax G!

PPS: Thanks for the report on the M6HM with Noctilux... sounds neat!

Thank You
Remove "ZZ" form auto reply address or
please reply to address below:

Frank Filippone