Subject: [Leica] Sekonic L-508 Update
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@mra-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 15:18:54 -0600

An update to my response last weekend to Lucien on the Sekonic L-508:

Mamiya USA responded today to my posts on their forum concerning my L-508's
incident and reflected meter readings differing by about a stop.

They said the L-508's reflected and incident meters can be and should be
calibrated within 2/10 stop. They suggested I send mine to them for
calibration, and they will return it within 5 days at no charge. So
tomorrow, off it goes.

And with that settled, I now recommend the L-508 highly, Lucien, if you
need both an incident meter and a tight spot meter. It is somewhat big, but
I very much like having the features it offers -- properly calibrated --
available when shooting. And it is easy to use.

Larry