Subject: Re: [Leica] roll-call ERNIE ?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 21:46:13 -0800

At 07:09 PM 2/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>To All:  I feel weird revealing all my equipment and I'm not sure the
>purpose either. Don't get me wrong I'm no bleeding heart liberal afraid of
>material possesions.  Anyway perhaps people could tell us the ONE Camera
>and ONE lens that they most treasure.  Put another way when the burglars
>come to your house ( now that they know all the equipment you have) and
>steal everything what one camera and lens would you hope that you had with
>you and not stolen?
>
>For me it would be my M4 with Rigid 50 mm Summicron - why?  It has such a
>classic look that even if it were broke I'd put it out to be seen by
>others.  When it's impossible to go picture taking I often take it out just
>to look at it, cock the shutter and hear all the wonderful sounds that it
>makes.
>
>Just food for thought
>
>Ernie

Ernie,

I don't know how long you have been on the LUG, but this is sort of a
semi-annual event. If you read the originating post, it said "it's about
time for another..." or something close to that. Anyway, this sort of gets
everyone acquainted with everyone else's equipment, which can sometimes
help understand their posts. I have a mailbox called "roll call" where I
keep all of this stuff. It's interesting to puruse the kind of equipment on
the LUG. There is some very interesting hardware out there.

Actually, Mr. Brown was correct... it's a mine is bigger than yours
contest!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) Really kidding!

Jim