Subject: Re: [Leica] Saving Leica (from Solms)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 22:04:25 -0600

At 03:08 PM 2/15/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Has anyone really done photographic tests of the new lenses using film and
>making 16"X20" prints to compare against the old lenses?  Seems like we see
>some snapshot type comparisons but nothing really excellent.
>
>Belive I will take my old Leitz camera and lenses off the market until the
>new stuff is proven.

The stuff Leica is producing today is better than the old stuff. Period.

100 apo macro.
280 f/4 apo telyt
70-180 2.8 (so where's the old fast zoom? Or any zoom from the old days
that comes close?)
21 2.8 ASPH (better than ANY other 21 ever)
35 Summilux ASPH (best 35 in the world except maybe the Summicron ASPH)

The bean counters have not trashed Leica. Leica is doing the best work in
its history. Stick with the old stuff if you must, but stop trashing
equipment you've never used.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch