Subject: [Leica] Saving Leica (from Solms)
From: "Don J. Rorschach" <75051.2525@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 15:08:34 -0500

Read your note with interest and could not agree more.  The present M6
camera engraving makes it look as if  some high school shop students did
the finish work.

Also, once the bean counters get hold of anything it is finished so far as
quality goes.  They think they know something and most are total
incompetents at anything but adding up numbers.  Just check any enterprise
that the bean counters have taken over and you see shoddy production and
products.  Bean counters should be kept in the back room counting beans
while the engineers and producers run the companies.

Moving back to Wetzlar and using the name Leitz would be wonderful but it
would be a horrible joke on the old ancestors to place that great name on
some thing this group of bean counters produced.

Has anyone really done photographic tests of the new lenses using film and
making 16"X20" prints to compare against the old lenses?  Seems like we see
some snapshot type comparisons but nothing really excellent.

Belive I will take my old Leitz camera and lenses off the market until the
new stuff is proven.