Subject: Re: [Leica] Handheld Limit of Noctilux
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 11:12:19 EST

<< A really sharp picture (let us say that the end result is a
 24x30 enlargement: 10x that is), that at close scrutinity (about 30 to 40
 cm viewing distance) will show clearly defined outlines of small subject
 details is impossible to get with handheld shots below 1/250. Forget about
 that old rule that the reciprocal of the focal length is a good indication.
 I have seen in my workshops hundreds of pictures (yes Leica persons too) of
 people claiming that they had made pinsharp pictures at 1/8 that were very
 unsharp according to the definition above. >>

Erwin -- the voice of reason and intelligence.
Others who advocate sharp photos at 1/4 - the voice of puffery.

Tom Shea