Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 "Fat" Tele-Elmarit f2.8
From: "usinet.srlond" <srlondon@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 01:50:36 -0500

Dave Myers wrote:
>(By the way, regarding the M7 thread, for me the M6 represents a
>certain purity of technique and composition.  One doesn't need more
>gadgetry to make good photographs.  I think of Andre Kertesz, who's images
are among
>the most elegant and moving I've ever seen.  He worked with box cameras and
early
>Leicas... amazing.)

Hear hear.   I was looking through "A World History of Photography" and
was amazed at the results some photographers using wet plate cameras with
stone-age optics were able to produce way back in the 19th century.  The
experience of using an M6 instead of an AF SLR has made me realize
several things.  First, that there are a tremendous number of extraneous
features on cameras these days which are never utilized by the
photographer except as fodder for bragging rights.  And second, that
making good photographs is much more about mastering the equipment you
have, rather than pining away for a new lens or body or blaming the
perceived inadequacies of what you have now for your results.