Subject: Re: [Leica] R4s Question
From: Richard Ogden <rjo@provider.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 07:49:36 +0000

There is a knob on the front
>left of the camera about the 8:00 position (this is looking at the camera
>from the front). What is the purpose of that knob?

Electronic self-timer

>Question 2. The camera has next to the speed control know an indicator that
>goes from M to A to A. It seems that the A's are aperature priority
>(eventhough the book I have says the camera is a shutter priority camera).
>What are the differences in the A's and which is which?

A in a square = aperture priority, large field exposure metering
A in a circle = aperture priority, spot metering (4.5% area of viewfinder =
central circle)
T in a square = shutter priority large field metering
P in a square = programmed exposure
M in a circle = manual spot metering

>What other hidden features are there that anybody can think of that I
>should know. Thanking you in advance.

Meter reading can be held by half pressing release button.
Double exposure facility simply by pressing the rewind button.
Meter is silicon photo diode type.
5 interchangeable focusing screens available.

Hope this is of interest.

Richard
>Steve

Richard Ogden