Subject: [Leica] M7 wish lists
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:29:22 -0000

Dan Cardish wrote:
> Mainly due to the format, and it's competition.  Do you think the Mamiya 6
> or 7 would sell well if it sold for 5 times what a Mamiya RZ or Hasselblad
> costs?  And besides, are they that successfull?  I have personally never
> seen either camera in use, not that this means anything  ;-)

The Mamiya 6 and 7 seem to be very well regarded in the UK photo press.
I don't know how many are sold here though.

I bought my Mamiya 7 shortly after they were introduced.  They are now
selling in the UK for about 2/3 the price I paid, and are similar in
price
to a Pentax 6x7.  If you're looking for an expensive medium format
rangefinder then how about the new Alpa?  I believe it's somewhere
around 5 to 6000 GBP for body and standard lens, which makes it
several times more expensive than a Leica M6 or Mamiya 7...

Simon.