Subject: [Leica] RE: Viso problems
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 14:32:30 -0000

>A few days ago, Roy Zartarian wrote:
>
>The usual references on the Viso recommend a gap of 1mm between the
>plunger on the Viso arm and the shutter release button on the body.
>Try backing off the plunger a bit.

I've tried backing the plunger right back to the top and it still
doesn't work.
In fact I was using it at the weekend with it set on "quiet" mode and
it's
borderline as to whether it raises the mirror far enough out of the way
before firing the shutter.  I'll only know when I get the results back,
but
if I back the plunger off slightly further it fails to press the shutter
button
at the right angle and won't fire it.  I'm guessing there must be some
internal adjustment to move the mirror trigger point, and I'm wondering
if I can do this myself, or whether I'd be better either getting it
repaired
or ditching it and finding another one...  I did remove the small plate
on
the back of the Viso housing and there are what appear to be some
adjustment screws under it, but not knowing what they do I'm reluctant
to play with them. Also they seem to be fixed in position with epoxy
or something, so they may not be meant to be changed.

Anyone know anything about this? - please help if you do!

Simon.

Ionica, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 4AS
Tel (01223) 223000
Fax (01223) 223100