Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #163
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:13:29 -0500

Mike:

Again your experience cuts through it. But I hope you're wrong.

The question I always come back to is: who is the Leica M market? Right now
that isn't so clear. It isn't Ted Grant, he has three, and since they don't
wear out . . .

It seems that this camera:

> --swing-open back
> --built-in motorized film advance
> --autoloading
> --auto-rewind on demand
> --a modern shutter with speeds to 1/4000th and 1/250 flash sync
> --TTL flash metering
> --better dust sealing

Would sell like hotcakes to every current M owner. Ted pisses and moans,
but if it felt like an M and could wind itself he'd be first in line.

How much bigger of a market could they hope to get with a G2 clone? This
isn't a rhetorical question. Do you know?

Tom