Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #163
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:57:30 -0600

At 06:55 PM 2/12/98 +0100, you wrote:

>HCB stopped photographing around 1976 and abandoned it altogether in 1996.
>The M6 arrived in 1984, when he was progressively winding down his
>photographic activities. Can you confirm this topic as it would shed some
>light on the later days of HB and Leica relationship.

In 1986 (February) I said to Magnum photographer Bruno Barbey, "It's too
bad Cariter-Bresson isn't taking pictures any more."

He said, "Sure he is. He's in India right now wrapping up a book on his
lifetime of travels there."

Sure enough, in '89 I got the India book, and there were pictures taken in
'86.

So he was working that late. And Bruno said HCB didn't plan to quite
altogether yet. So if he lasted to '96, I have to say I sure hope I can
even come close!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Albert Einstein