Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 wish lists
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 18:45:56 +0000

David ,

Even though I do want to see an M6E, I'd like to compliment you on your post.
There would be something valuable lost if the current M6 were to disappear, in
favor of Mike Johnston's version of the M7 ( Believe me, I know that Mike wasn't
wishing that M7 version on us). I never want to see an M6E/M7 with
autoload/wind/rewind/bracketing/program modes/etc.

The M6E I'd like is different only in that it has an 'A' on the, slightly larger (but not
huge), shutter dial, an AElock on the first stage of the shutter release button and a
tighter spot. If all else were the same as the current camera, I'd be extremely happy.

I'd be sad to see Leica make the M something that competes with the Contax G, even
though the camera would still be extraordinarily useful; it just wouldn't be an M
without a wind lever. More than any other requirement, in my mind at least, is the
idea that no new electric'pushbuttons' end up on the camera  (well, there is one I
could take but I'll leave that out of this discussion).

There is much to be said for simplicity and Leica is the torchbearer for tradition.
Betraying that might cost Leica its loyalists and I just can't see Leica taking that
chance.

I hope that I'm not being blinded by wishful thinking...

Danny Gonzalez

Danny Gonzalez