Subject: Re: Thoughts for Solms on a new M7 [Leica] Leica-Users List Diges t V2 #160
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 16:16:28 +0000

> I'd keep the Leica shutter, probably, unless metal can be made as noise-
> and vibration-free.

I'm going to steer clear of considering body shape or film load changes because
they're so personal to many of the Lugs loudest. On the shutter issue above, the
hybrid shutters on the EF and the LX were both loud and not smooth; very un-Leica
like and probably not acceptable in an M6.

A hybrid shutter would be nice but, I'm scared to say this, the only shutter I've used
that's quiet enough is the one in the EOS5 (though I haven't paid alot of attention
to the noise level of the R8). I suppose that the Contax RX's shutter might do. In any
case, an all-electric shutter is probably easier to make quiet.

Danny Gonzalez