Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Bulk fim loading - Who & Why
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 20:58:51 EST

Dan, The Super-XX is indeed the predecessor to the XXX. Every time I use I
realize why I like Tri-X. Your best bet for finding some is to talk to your
local cine' lab. I have never found a commercial source for smaller volumes.
It is OK if you want to buy 20-30000 ft of it. Most of my supply comes from
friendly film processing places, often they run clip tests on the film, they
get 400-500 ft, test a 100 ft strip and if you are very nice they will give
the rest to you!!! Some of the moviestock have a slight change in the pitch on
the sprockets and can jam if you are not careful. Never had a problem with the
M's, but in my Horizon 202 ( russian panorama) the moviestock jams up after
4-5 ft has gone through.
 The one film I want to try is a Kodak Release film, ASA 0,1 but resolving
power of 1000 lpmm at normal contrast. Ok, for a day on the beach with a
Noctilux wide open on a tripod!!!
 Tom A