Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 HM riddle
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 20:18:25 +0100

I have now two M6 HM, numbered #2415946 and # 2423248 (my earlier posting
'248x' was a typing error, sorry).
These two numbers are about 7500 bodies apart. That could mean:
1/ These is the number range allotted to the series and not all numbers are
already issued.
2/ All numbers are already produced. Given the production capacity that
should mean about 6 months production. Quite unreasonable as a few months
ago the existance of the HM has been corroborated.
3/ The batches are quite small and I have an earlier and a later batch number.
Any way the problem now is that both numbers surface in the same week and
could indicate a production span of 6 months or longer.

I have official figures about the rangefinder.
Baselength still 69,25mm. Exact magnification 0.853. Result 59.07 (rounded
59.1)
Erwin