Subject: Re: [Leica] R lenses: 60 f2.8 macro vs 100 f4 macro
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 21:09:08 +0000

On  9 Feb 98 at 20:02, James Burris wrote:

> Any thoughts on how the 60 macro and the 100f4 macro compare?  100
> f2.8 is a little out of my financial range (darn).  I've read great
> things about the 60 here on the list, but I would prefer the 100
> focal length.

I haven't used the 60 macro, but I have the 100/4, and I have to say
that this lens is not a strong performer once out of the macro
range.  I wouldn't call it soft, but images of things several feet
away or further just aren't quite as sharp as those produced with a
50/2 Summicron-R or a 135/2.8 Elmarit-R.

- -Patrick