Subject: Re: [Leica] SUMMAREX 75MM F.085
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 23:37:10 EST

 Ted etal -  My understanding is that this lens was a 85 or 90mm lens
 with an aperture of f:0.85 and had a ruby red rear element designed for
 infra-red night photography.  Only 2 were known to exist and the one
 that was displayed in the Wetzlar museum has mysteriously vanished.

 Marvin
<<
 I've just read about this lens but I'm confused as to whether it's a
 f 0.85 75 mm lens for normal use or whether it's the infrared lens that was
 developed during the war.