Subject: [Leica] Re: Bulk fim loading - Who & Why
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 20:10:11 EST

   With no actual statistics at hand, it would seem to me that the
 preponderance of LUGgers that are using the "M" Leica - are using
 M6s and are using factory loaded film in preference to loading their
 own from bulk film........

   On occasion, someone new to Leica, has recently acquired a LTM
 and asks the LUG the best way to load the camera with todays short
 leader factory loads.  There are templates to lengthen the tongue and
 it has even been suggested to remove the lens & open the curtains to
 make sure that the film sprocket holes have been properly engaged.

   My question is to all LUGgers that load their own film from bulk:
 1. Why do you load your own?
 2. How do you do it?
 3. What camera are you using?
 4. What films are available to you in bulk?
 5. Any other reasons to load your own?

   I personally started to load my own cassettes 40 years ago when
 working in the Warner Bros. Still Lab, I was able to acquire all the
 "short ends" gratis and used the B&W for many years but quickly
 found out that the Eastman Color Negative for movies was not good
 for stills.  Seattle Film Works & others still offer this film free if you
 pay for the processing.  My advice - "DONT".

 Marvin Moss