Subject: RE: [Leica] Defective Lens
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 21:27:31 -0600

At 12:03 AM 2/8/98 -0500, you wrote:=20

> demonstrate that the % defective has been increasing with time? In=20
> addition, is the number of defects greater in R than in M lenses?
> Since I live=A0 an hour's drive from LEICA in Northvale, NJ, I am willing=
 to=20
> present the results to Mr. Horn, provided we collect the data by a survey.
> regards,Andrew Jordan=20

I don't think you're going to tell Leica anything they don't already know.
Maybe you will, but I doubt it. And second of all, your survey would not be
statistically valid, because you are asking for volunteers. That means only
upset people will likely respond. That will tell you nothing about how many
cameras and lenses went out that were good.

The only way to make it valid is to do a random sample of about 400 people.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

There is a pleasure in being mad in which none but mad men know.

Dryden