Subject: Re: [Leica] an encouraging note from Leica USA
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 15:01:28 -0400

Pete:

I have empathy for your problem, but I have been wondering what the dealer
has been doing for you.  Since the problems with your lenses have not been
mechanical, could the dealer show the offending lens to the Leica rep and
then allow you to use it until a new one gets in?  In the case of a non
functioning lens, would the dealer or Leica Rep arrange for a loaner until
your new one came in.  I know if I had this problem, my dealer would offer
some support.

When you buy high end equipment, you should expect high end support from
your dealer and the Leica sales department.  It would be like buying a top
of the line BMW and have it break down just after you bought it.  The car
dealer would certainly loan you a car until yours was fixed or replaced.

Regards,

Robert Stevens
Halifax, Nova Scotia