Subject: Re: [Leica] Hologon
From: Steve Hickel <smhickel@x2.alliance.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 21:26:13 -0500

From Stephen Gandy's lead to a translation page. Cool:

Steve Hickel
Proud new owner of R4s (without lens)

In English:=20

Who needs 110 degrees of picture angles with absolute freedom from
distortion, does not go past at the Hologon. Before 20 years there was not
the " father " of this objective with Leica link in max. 450 copies =AD a no
more piece of collecting tank which can be paid, for photographing almost
too unfortunate. We have here an adequate back-up for it: Version and
optics are original Carl Zeiss of the Contax G1. The objective is changed
only in the link, it carries the Leica m-bayonet. Naturally you have the
full warranty over 2 years and the guarantee that it is repaired if
necessary in our house. Also the retreating longwall system on Contax is at
any time possible, although hardly economical. They can submit us your
Contax Hologon to the change or order a new objective, which we modify for
you. The re-writing takes place complex in individual manufacture and
fine-mechanical manual work. A performance, of which we are proud. Note:
The Hologon is not usable for the Leica M5 and CL! Consider please=20

At 09:22 AM 2/7/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Anyone Speak/translate German?
>
>>From http://www.photoclassics.de/ =20
>

>Wer 110 Grad Bildwinkel bei absoluter Verzeichnungsfreiheit braucht, kommt
>am Hologon nicht vorbei.=20
>Vor 20 Jahren gab es den =84Vater" dieses Objektives mit Leica-Anschlu=DF=
 in
>maximal 450 Exemplaren =AD ein nicht mehr zu bezahlendes Sammlerst=FCck,=
 zum
>Fotografieren fast zu schade.=20
>Wir haben hier einen vollwertigen Ersatz daf=FCr: Fassung und Optik sind
>original Carl Zeiss von der Contax G1. Das Objektiv ist nur=20
>im Anschlu=DF ver=E4ndert, es tr=E4gt das Leica M-Bajonett. Nat=FCrlich=
 haben Sie
>die volle Garantie =FCber 2 Jahre und die Gew=E4hr, da=DF es im Bedarfsfall=
 in
>unserem Haus instandgesetzt wird. Auch der R=FCckbau auf Contax ist=
 jederzeit
>m=F6glich, wenn auch kaum wirtschaftlich. Sie k=F6nnen uns Ihr=
 Contax-Hologon
>zum Umbau einreichen oder ein neues Objektiv bestellen, das wir f=FCr Sie
>modifizieren. Die Umarbeitung erfolgt aufwendig in Einzelfertigung und
>feinmechanischer Handarbeit. Eine Leistung, auf die wir stolz sind.
>Achtung: Das Hologon ist nicht f=FCr die Leica M5 und CL verwendbar!=
 Beachten