Subject: [Leica] ID a 21mm Super Angulon-R please
From: "Fred Whitlock" <afc@cl-sys.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 19:36:32 -0500

Among the goodies I acquired in a recently purchased Leica R system was a
mint condition 21mm f4 Super Angulon-R.  I'm planning to keep it and use it
since it makes such nice photographs.  I'm wondering if one of the
knowledgeable LUG'ers could tell me if there are different designs of this
lens and whether or not mine is current.  I'm also wondering if it is
similar in design to the Super Angulon-M.  I own a 21mm Elmarit-M but it's
smaller and faster than this lens and uses 60mm filters.

It came in the same kind of white box with red trim as some 2 cam Leica R
lenses I acquired with the outfit.  This one happens to be 3 cam (or
modified to 3 cam.) It was made in Germany and uses 72mm filters.  It has a
rectangular bayonet lens hood.  The serial # is 248XXXX.  Is that enough to
identify it?  Thanks.

Fred
Maplewood Photography
http://www.maplewoodphoto.com