Subject: [Leica] Defective Lenses: dumped in USA?
From: MyersPete@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 17:15:42 EST

Hi fellow defective lens recipents:

I am wondering if some of our folks on the Continent are having less problems
with receiving defective lenses then we are in the USA. Do you think it is
possible that the questionable lenses are being shipped out to the overseas
market????? You know, the old 'out of sight, out of mind"?

I hate to be so cynical, but I have seen some USA companies do this in the
past here in the Silicon Valley. The equipment that was a bit on the edge was
shipped overseas where it was unlikely it would be shipped back.

There must be some reason why this is occuring.

Pete