Subject: [Leica] Trimar at PMA! Hot Tip, Guys! Bring Checkbooks!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 19:48:58 -0500

At 03:43 PM 2/6/98 -0800, Robert Rose wrote:
>I have just heard that Leica will unveil next week a new lens for the M
that is a variable focal length.  It will be f/4, and can be set at 28, 35
or 50mm.

Ah!  This has been much discussed on the LUG over the past year.  "A source
close to the President of Leica" (honestly!  private E-mail with anonymity
requested) has confirmed that the Trimar (presumably for 'Tri-Elmar') is to
be released at PMA next weekend : I have already alerted my trolls to Find
Out What They Can and Bring Back Literature.  I believe the focal lengths
will be 35mm - 50mm - 90mm, however, but my source neglected to tell me the
details!  The price is expected to be VERY hefty, in line with other recent
new M lenses.

This lens was test-marketed in Europe over the past year.

I suspect we'll be flooded with reports over the next several weeks.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!