Subject: [Leica] Re: 12538 for non-existant lens???
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 03:12:13 EST

 Just to complicate things - the new Laney pocket book erroneously
 describes the # 12538 hood as being for the 50/1.4 Summicron-M
 above #2915801 (which doesn't exist).

 Marvin
<<
 Dennis Painter wrote:

 > Steve Echols wrote:
 > >
 > > Can you tell me what the 12538 is for?
 > > thanks
 > > Steve
 > Steve,
 >
 > Its the Leica/Leitz catalogue number.
 >
 > Dennis

 Steve,

 I wasn't trying to be smart but read the question to be what the number
 stood for.

 The shade fits the following lenses:

 My 12585 is marked:

 1:2/50
 1:2.8/50
 1:3.5/50
 1:2/35
 1:2.8/35
 1:3.5/35

 It is supposed to work on all these lenses, except for the newer lenses
 with inbuilt shades.

 Dennis

 --
 Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
 -unknown