Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica #3 with pros ???
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 20:38:25 -0600

At 10:26 AM 2/5/98 -0500, you wrote:

>truly amazes me. If true, it certainly bodes well for the future of the
>revitalized Leica. I was just wondering (aside from where this statistic was
>obtained) whether this popularity is due almost entirely to the "M" system
>or if the "R" system is gaining with working pros.

It's true. Was a survey by Photo District News. I would say their
readership is a pretty good cross-section of the business.

The M system is what sells Leica among photojournalists. But the R system
is starting to attract attention there too. Photojournalists are a
traditional lot. They like simple reliable equipment over new whiz-band
doo-dads. Though AF is something that they crave too, because getting the
job done in paramount. No mistakes. So they are torn.

The Leica R system has accounted for a good part of Leica's growth, so I
would assume that means pros as well as amateurs. We shall see over the
long run.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Hex dump: Where witches put used curses...